If you are looking for a new blender, you are probably trying to compare between blendtec and vitamix. It is very difficult to choose the right one, because they are not significantly better than the other. The comparison is like having a power-type boxer vs a speed-type boxer. In some games, the more powerful players will win, and sometimes the speed plays a decisive factor.
Sometimes, you need strong power, the other time, you need blender with more efficient blade, so it depends entirely whether you want strength or speed. These two mixers use completely different mechanism for blending, so it’s important for you to understand the design in order for you choose right blender for yourself. In this article, we will explain the Pros and Cons of the Blendtec and Vitamix blenders.
Benefits of blenders
Let’s talk about the benefits of using blenders before we go to the detail of the blenders.
- It is easy to use, it takes only three simple steps. Put all the ingredients into the container, close the lid. Turn on the blender for 60 seconds, that is it! You will enjoy a fresh, healthy, nutritious and homemade beverage!
- It is easy to clean, no disassembly, a glass of water into the container, blend for 30 seconds, it is done!
- Everyone from the family can benefit from it.
Baby food supplement for healthy development
After 6 months of age, breast milk can no longer meet the needs of development for infants. It is necessary to have more nutritious food for them.Blending fresh food is the best supplement for infants.
Father stay energetic
Fathers are usually more stressful, anxious and exhausted. You can use blender to DIY all kinds of soups (full vegetable juices mixed with vegetables, fruits, sprouts, nuts, and seeds) to reduce stress, boosting immunity and maintaining vitality throughout the day.
Senior family members
Many seniors are suffering from high blood pressure. They need less sodium, less sugar, and less oil on their diets. They often have poor dental conditions and have reduced digestive function, which affects the absorption of nutrients. With blender, homemade foods such as low-sugar, low-fat, low-sodium soy milk and fruit juices are easy to digest, no chewing is required, it helps them absorb more nutritions.
After the age of 30, the functions of the female body begin to decline, nutrition needs to be added in a timely manner. it is easy to accumulate fat with the lack of exercise. Use blender to DIY various fruit and vegetable juices to supplement the body’s dietary fiber and multi-vitamins.
Children love snacks, but usually healthy snacks are not tasty. You can use blender to make fruit ice cream, pumpkin cakes and mashed potatoes at home. They are healthy and delicious.
Many years ago, I bought my first low cost blender (I forgot the brand). Every time I make smoothies, I have to struggle with the blender. I had to cut the fruits into small pieces and make sure to remove the seeds before I put them into blender, because hard seeds won’t be blended. During the blending process, I have to stir ingredients repeatedly to make sure they are all crushed. After 10 minutes, the smoothies is finally ready, but there are a lot of uncrushed pieces in it with awful plastic burning smell.
Later, I bought a Vitamix blender, I just have to throw everything into my strong motor-powered blender, choose the smoothies function, within a few minutes, I can enjoy the freshest smoothies without any uncrushed pieces. It is the best smoothies I ever tasted, it taste exactly the same as the one I bought from the stores.
Blender Power and Speed
When comparing pure horsepower numbers, Blendtec is slightly stronger. Every Blendtec model that discloses their horsepower number is rated at or above 3-peak horsepower. Most Vitamix blenders are only rated at 2-peak horsepower, with the exception of Next Generation models like the Professional Series 750, Professional Series 300, 7500, and Creations Elite, rated at 2.2-peak horsepower.
When comparing speed, Vitamix has 4 super strong and sharp blades which can spin at maximum of 39,000 rpm, the Blendtec has 2 blades which can spin at maximum of 29,000 rpm. When spinning, both blenders can create a powerful swirl that suck the ingredients into the blades and crush them into small pieces.
Both vitamix and blendtec have a 7 year warranty covering all models.
Both Blendtec and vitamix use BPA-free containers, strong metal blades and heavy duty motors. You can crush hard ingredients such as ice cubes, frozen fruits, nuts, seeds and coffee beans. Some people recently complained about the use of plastic containers could release of toxic substances. I have done in-depth investigations and studies, these concerns are completely unnecessary. These containers can be used safely without any problems.
Vitamix equips with a tamper as standard. The tamper can push the food to the blade. however, Blendtec’s design principle is to create a powerful swirl that sucks the ingredients into the blade without the need for a tamper. Blendtec can indeed suck all ingredients into the blade.
Vitamix’s noise is slightly quieter than Blendtec, it is not noticeable, however, the Blendtec Pro 800 claimed it is the world’s QUIETEST blender, because it has a sealed sound enclosure.
Both Vitamix and Blendtec are very easy to clean. Just add hot water to the container and spin button for 60 seconds, that is it. Occasionally you may need a brush for more detailed cleaning. The Blendtec’s mixing container is wider, it is easier to perform detail cleaning than a narrower vitamix container .
Blendtec’s “will it blend?” program is widely distributed on YouTube. Vitamix has more information on the website, including forums, recipes, nutritional information, dietary details, and information for vegetarian enthusiasts. Vitamix usually has more healthy recipes than blendtec. However, this is not a reason to determine which machine you choose. There are a lot of healthy recipes online.
Both blenders have outstanding performance. No one is better than the other. Both blenders can break cell walls and lock the nutrients in fruits, vegetables, and nuts, far better than any other traditional blenders can do. Both vitamix and blendtec can make smoothies, jams, hot soups, ice cream, crushed ice and milled grains.
So, Which Blender is better? Blendtec or Vitamix
This question is very difficult to answer. It’s like asking whether the apple computer is better than the windows pc. Is the Canon DSLR better than the Nikon camera? This is just your personal preferences. Some people love blendtec, many people like vitamix. Both Blendtec and Vitamix are great blenders. No matter which one you choose, you will not be disappointed.
Here is a list of recommended models
1. Vitamix 7500 Blender, Red
- With our most powerful motor for household machines, quickly blend virtually any whole-food ingredient with ease.
- The 64-ounce Low-Profile Container is perfect for family meals and entertaining, while fitting comfortably under most kitchen cabinets.
- Product Dimensions 17.5 x 7.7 x 9.4 inches. Cord : 6 feet
- With the Pulse feature, layer coarse chops over smooth purees for heartier recipes, such as chunky salsas or thick vegetable soups.
- Ten variable speeds allow you to refine every texture with culinary precision, from the smoothest purees to the heartiest soups.
2. Vitamix E310 Explorian Blender, Black
- Variable Speed Control allows you to refine every texture, from the chunkiest salsas to the smoothest purees
- Pulse feature provides a burst of power to chop ingredients, Knead dough, and more
- Includes a tamper to press Thick and frozen mixtures toward the blades, without having to stop and scrape the sides of the container
- 48-Ounce (1.4-liter) container is ideal for medium-size batches (3-5 servings) and Fits easily below overhead cabinets and dishwasher safe
- Self-cleaning container washes up easily with a drop of dish soap and Warm water, blended on highest speed for 60 seconds
- 2 peak output HP motor is able to pulverize tough, whole-food ingredients with ease
3. Blendtec Pro 800 with WildSide Jar, Black
- THE WORLD'S QUIETEST BLENDER: The Professional 800 operates at a sound level that won’t interrupt. Housed in a sleek, sealed sound enclosure, it features the most advanced proprietary sound dampening and airflow innovations anywhere, proving that industrial strength power doesn’t require industrial strength noise
- ILLUMINATED, CAPACITIVE TOUCH INTERFACE: Illuminated display provides feedback, information, and time remaining
- 6 PREPROGRAMMED CYCLES: Batters, Mixed Drinks, Smoothie, Frozen Treats, Whole Juice, and Hot Soup
- 11 SPEED TOUCH SLIDER and PULSE: For the ultimate precision speed control, the Professional 800 features an 11 speed capacitive touch slider. Users can blend to the perfect consistency simply by sliding a finger up and down the control panel. The pulse button adds a burst of high speed blending power
- PACKAGE INCLUDES: Professional 800 motor base, One BPA jar WildSide jar with vented Gripper lid, and Blending 101 quick start guide and recipes
4. Blendtec Classic Series Blender, Black
- 3.0 peak horsepower motor
- 30 second cycle, +10 seconds, low pulse and high pulse
- Molded plastic finish
- Preprogrammed cycles: 30-Seconds, +10 seconds
- Illuminated LCD timer displays remaining time on blends
Both Vitamix and Blendtec did a good job of using powerful motor to make blending so easy. These are the top 2 brands in America and both have a long history of having the highest quality, best customer service, and most powerful blenders.
Yes, they are a little pricey, but they are the commercial grade blenders, all the smoothies shops use them. My vitamix blender is still running perfectly after I used it for more than 10 years. I use it to make smoothies every morning for breakfast. If you ask me to pick one, I will choose Vitamix, it is classic and I love using it to make smoothies.